Skip to main content

Amnesty International and my first bake sale

Hi! A week ago, I had the first Amnesty International Club meeting. We learned what we were going to do this year and decided to organize a bake sale to raise money for the Write for Rights event. That's why today many members of the Amnesty Club, including me, brought cakes we had baked at home. I prepared apple muffins, using a recipe I had found on the Internet.

That's me while cooking:



And this is the final effect:


The bake sale was a success, for we raised a quite big amount of money. I also practiced some new baking skills, because I'm not really good at cooking.
Today another Amnesty Club Meeting took place. We discussed the current situation in Hong Kong and talked about human rights violations in this case. I'm really looking forward to our next actions and events, especially the Write for Rights. I believe that Amnesty does a great job defending human (and not only human) rights. Many people around the world owe their freedom or even lives to this organization and I am very proud to be a part of this movement now.

This is me with my friend at the 1st Amnesty International Club meeting:

Comments