Skip to main content

Amnesty International presentation

Hi everybody! The Amnesty International meeting last Monday was a quite important one to me, as I told the other members the story of Magai Matiop Ngong. This South-Sudanese 17-year-old is one of the people we are standing up for this year, for he was unjustly sentenced to death while being only 15 and is now waiting for the execution. I prepared the presentation with my friend Michał. He spoke about the story of Magai and I described the situation of death penalty usage in South Sudan and around the world.

Magai Matiop Ngong

Magai fired his father's gun at the ground to warn his cousin who tried to stop him from fighting with another boy. The bullet ricocheted and hit Magai's cousin, killing him. This was an accident and should not be a reason for sentencing a teenager to death.

Comments